Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cause and effect

Cause: Mitchell did NOT sleep well again last night! He was up probably six different times...wanting to nurse, or play or just rock and be held. Jacob is out of town, so I just spent the night on Mitchell's futon to save me trips up and down the stairs. Ugh!

Effect Number 1: I decided to call the pediatrician and move up Mitchell's six month appt, which was scheduled for Friday. He has had a sniffly nose the last couple of days and he seemed to be pulling at his ears last night, so I thought maybe the rough night was the cause of an ear infection. Good news - it was not. Bad news - I have no idea what the cause of the sleepless nights is! I'll give the full doctors report (which was good) on Friday's post....with a picture of him in his little chair.

Effect Number 2: After Mitchell was finally up for good this morning, I fed him his morning cereal and was going to make myself a bowl of cereal too. I was walking around in a fog due to lack of sleep and instead of pouring the cereal into the bowl I had set on the counter, I poured my cereal into Mitchell's bottle warmer. Why? Absolutely no idea! Double ugh!!

Effect Number 3: So as you all know, I've been struggling with my expectations of our daycare. I have been praying about it the last couple of nights because I am just not happy with one of the main ladies that is in Mitchell's classroom. Yes, she's the "individual attention" lady. Well....I took Mitchell in late today because of the doctor appointment, and all of the other kiddos were down for their morning nap. The IA lady told me that her last day is July 1st! I guess I was supposed to be upset, but I was so happy! Yeah! They are searching for a new person, so keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have been praying about Mitchell's daycare--I want it to be a good experience for him.

I'm so glad the "IA" lady is leaving. A more caring, loving person will take her place.

Chris, Celeste & Cass said...

Do you think Mitchell is teething and that is why he is up so much at night? I hope your nights get better! I'm glad to hear IA is leaving!