Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day 2011

Here are the winter weather pics that accompanied this year's Valentines! This is my favorite picture of Mitchell in a really long time....doesn't he just look genuinely happy?!?!? Probably because he is...most of the time! :)



Mitchell has really grown up lately, right before our eyes. His 'two year-old tantrums' happen less and less. He has become a GREAT big brother. I know it's supposed to be the little brother that is always trying to play with the big brother...but in our household it is typically the opposite. Mitchell always asks for Maverick to play with him, and often requests for him to sleep with him too...but we haven't give in to that request yet! Nights are short enough as it is!

Speaking of nights, now that Maverick is done nursing he FINALLY sleeps the entire night through! Yes, it only took a year to get there! He goes down around 7:30pm and wakes about 6am. Typically at 6am, all he wants to do is snuggle with you for about an hour before he really wants to wake at 7am. So I lay him on my chest for about an hour, while we both snooze in the rocking chair in his room. Yes, I know I could break him of that habit too....but I kind of like it :)

Mitchell had a Valentine party at school last week, so I made him this little valentine to give to his friends along with some valentine candy. The parents were all invited and they performed "I'm a little Snowman" to the tune of "I'm a little Teapot". Mitchell sang the entire first verse by himself before the other kiddos chimed in... it was very cute :)



My Dad and Sherri were nice enough to watch the boys on Saturday night so that Jacob and I could go to a little Valentine's Dinner. It was nice to have a few hours to ourselves! I made him a card too with a picture from our wedding...cheesy, yes, I know....but true!



Jacob took the morning off and we had a lazy family morning at home making heart pancakes and opening Valentine's presents and cards from eachother and family.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: